It was a very nice surprise to log on and see that Grace Anne from 20DayWorld had nominated me for a Blogger Recognition Award. If you haven’t read her blog then head on over and see what she has to offer.
Writing a blog isn’t always easy, you never know if people will like what you write or want to engage with you so it’s always nice when someone leaves a comment or says hello.
I started this blog as a way of putting my thoughts out into the world and to showcase my writing. I’ve been through some emotional ups and downs; some of them were blogged about. I wrote what I did to help clear my mind and process my thoughts but also to show other people they are not alone in dealing with hard times and depression. It’s so much more common than you think and it is ok to talk about it.
I didn’t want the blog to only be about my depression and the strange tangent my life has taken in the last year from beginning a career and falling in love to being single and becoming an unemployed carer to my elderly grandparents. I wanted to focus on the good times and the books, movies and places I go to lift my spirits.
The award asks us to give two pieces of advise to new bloggers.
- Write what you want to write and don’t worry about whether or not anyone reads it. With a little bit of research and hard work you can always find readers if you choose to look. You’d be surprised how many people share your thoughts and feelings and you never know, you may just help someone along the way!
- Be prepared for positive and negative responses to your work. Not everyone will like or love what you write, especially if you have chosen to be political or challenging. In writing a blog you accept that everyone has a voice and therefore sometimes they may choose to use it. Find a way to deal with the negative responses in a positive way and don’t take them to heart. Someone wise once said ‘Opinions are like arse holes, everybody has them and most of them stink!’ 😉 Allow yourself to be boosted by the positive responses but always strive to make the blog better.
Now I have to choose my 15 nominees (I may not pick that many!) but these are blogs I enjoy reading…
Here are what the nominees are to do..
- Write a post to show your award, Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Note: If for any apparent reason, you do not wish to participate, it is ok
Happy reading my blogging friends,
Charlie xx 🙂